Nii Okaidja III, Gbese Mantse and Adonten of the Ga State has stressed the fact that, Nii Ayi Bonte called in private life as Thomas Okine is not the Gbese Mantse as he continues to carry himself.
In a letter written to the President of the National House of Chiefs, Nii Okaija III indicated that there are several court judgements that nullified Thomas Okine’s enstoolment as Gbese Mantse.
Below is Nii Okaija’s full letter containing the reasons why Thomas Okine cannot continue to hold himself as Gbese Mantse hence must not be accepted by any authority as such.
“It is a fact that no court of competent jurisdiction has declared Thomas Okine as a Chief as at now. The last such occasion was on the 10th February 2015 when the illegally re-constituted Ga Traditional Council declared him Gbese Mantse by default judgment, (that is, the Council deliberately DID NOT invite Nii Okaidja III to the hearing, as required by law!) The Council’s judgment has, of course, been overturned – see 7 below.
CONFIRMATION OF NII OKAIDJA III AS GBESE MANTSE
Nii Okaidja’s title as Gbese Mantse was confirmed by the Ga Traditional Council when his Chieftaincy Decleration Forms (CD Forms 1A & 1B) were researched and he was admitted into the membership of the Council in April 2007.
The following are Rulings and Judgments in support of and in confirmation that Nii Okaidja III is the Gbese Mantse:-
1. His Lordship S.K.Asiedu in Suit No. BMISC 998/2007 dated 26th September 2007 thus:- “….I have come to the conclusion that there is virtually no merit in the application before me which seeks an order of the court to dismiss the writ of summons for want of capacity in the plaintiffs (Nii Okaidja III & Others) and also on grounds of estoppel.”
2. His Lordship Ofosu Quartey in Suit No. BMSC 998/2007 dated January 21, 2008 stated thus:- “….the first Plaintiff’s (Nii Okaidja III) evidence passed wholly unchallenged….I therefore accept his evidence that he is the incumbent Gbese Mantse performing his traditional role as the chief….” (Nii was put in the dock and Lawyer Adomoa Bossman, counsel for Thomas Okine declined the opportunity to cross-examine Nii Okaija III).
3. Supreme Court Ruling (CM J5/3/2008) – JUDICIAL REVIEW OF (1) ABOVE
Coram: AKUFFO (Ms), JSC (PRESIDING)
ADINYIRA (Mrs), JSC
Ruling was read by Aninakwa, JSC. At page 5 it reads “…A look at the further consequential orders being sought by the Applicants (Nii Tetteh Ahinakwa & Thomas Okaine ) reveals clearly that they are as confused as their application is misconceived.”
Then at page 8 it concludes that “…The second preliminary legal objection is that the application is actually a chieftaincy matter or suit and is indeed seeking to destool the 1st Interested Party, Nii Okaidja III as Gbese Mantse and this Court ought to decline jurisdiction…The application is hereby dismissed as being incompetent”
(HERE, THOMAS OKAINE THROUGH HIS COUNSEL ADUMOA BOSSMAN ASKED THE SUPREME COURT TO DESTOOL NII OKAIDJA III AS THE GBESE MANTSE WHICH THE COURT DECLINED!!!!)
4. A Ruling by Judge Ofori Atta in February 2012. Page 16 of this Ruling, reads “The interested party (Nii Okaidja III) established that he was installed and enstooled as the Gbese Mantse in 2006. That the respondent Ga Traditional Council vetted his forms through the General Committee and was admitted into the said council. I conclude that since he has not been destooled, abdicated or died or outsted from office as Gbese Mantse I cannot compel the Ga Traditional Council to admit the Applicant (Thomas Okine) into its membership.”
4a. Then at the same page 16 the ruling also confirms Restraining Order against Thomas Okine. “…be that it may, since it has not been established that the Ruling has been vacated, set aside or overruled, the Applicant (Thomas Okine) is bound by it.”
5. Adjei Wilson, J in Suit No. BMISC 624/2012 restrained Nii Okaidja III from holding himself as Gbese Mantse “without hearing the substantive matter.”
The Supreme Court in Civil MOTION No. J5/3/2013 overturned the High Court Ruling.
6. Quist, J in Suit No. BMISC 114/2015 restrained Nii Okaidja III from using the titles “Nii Okaidja III “and the “Adonten of the Ga State.”
You will observe that he left out the “Gbese Mantse” which has earlier been restored by the Supreme Court as in (5) above.
Again, the Supreme Court in Civic No. J5/45/2015 dated 9th February 2015, CORAM: AKUFFO. JSC; (PRESIDING); GBADEGBE; BAMFO; APAU & PWAMANG, JJSC restored Nii Okaija’s titles of “Nii Okaija III and Adonten of the Ga State.”
7. After all the above Rulings and Judgments the Juducial Committee of the illegally re-constituted Ga Traditional Council – an inferior Court by far – declared Thomas Okaine as Gbese Mantse on the 10th February 2015. BUT THEIR JUDGMENT WAS SWIFTLY QUASHED BY THE HIGH COURT PRESIDED BY HIS LORDSHIP KWABENA ASUMAN-ADU ON THE 22nd APRIL 2015. This High Court Ruling has NOT been challenged in any court to date.
THEREFORE BY ALL THE COLLECTIVE DECISIONS AS ABOVE NII OKAIDJA III, GBESE MANTSE & ADONTEN OF THE GA STATE CAN HOLD HIMSELF AS SUCH.
This is the reason Hon. Ayikoi Otoo, counsel for Nii Okaidja III, wrote to the Daily Graphic on the 4th May 2015 that:-
” THERE IS THEREFORE NO JUDGMENT OF ANY COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN GHANA WHICH HAS DECLEARED THOMAS OKAINE GBESE MANTSE UNDER THE STOOL NAME OF NII AYI BONTE II.” It was NEVER published!
Finally, when the Supreme Court consolidated all the Gbese Chieftaincy disputes which started in 1980, it concluded emphatically that the Judgement upon which Thomas Okine became Gbese Mantse i.e. the Dodowa Judgement dated 17 February 2003 is Null and Void.
SO WHY IS THOMAS OKINE’S NAME STILL IN THE NATIONAL REGISTER?
Thomas Okine is NOT Gbese Mantse because:-
*Thomas Okine DOES NOT hail from any Royal House in Gbese. It is of worth notice that he still claims he comes from Akua Onidin house. But there is NO such royal house; a court ruled in January 2008)
*That Thomas Okine relied on the Dodowa Judgment dated 17th February 2003 to become gbese mantse
*He also used a Mandamus Order which “forced” the National House of Chiefs to insert his name into the Register. But the Order was obtained by fraud and upon the very same Dodowa Judgment dated 17th February 2003.
*But the Supreme Court has destroyed that foundation – (The Dodowa Judgment dated 17th February 2003). A letter dated the 29th August 2014 from the National House of Chiefs confirms the above facts in paragraphs (2) & (3).
*That Thomas Okine NEVER had his CD Forms researched, as the law requires.
THE SUPREME COURT JUDGMENT HAS NOT BEEN AND CANNOT BE OVERTURNED.
At this stage in the Gbese affairs, anyone who continues to refer Thomas Okine as Gbese Mantse does so in total disrespect for the laws of the land.
It should be Public knowledge that Minister Afotey Agbo addressed Nii Okaidja III as Gbese Mantse, Accra, in a letter to Nii. So, sitting on the same platform and referring Thomas Okine also as Gbese Mantse is something to be reconciled with!
It is often said that if you repeat the wrong deeds so often it becomes right. But the Gbese people have come a long way to see the truth.
The question peoples are asking is why are these politicians so bent on making Thomas Okine Gbese Mantse?
The answer lies in how they have LOOTED and shared some Gbese Stool Lands among themselves. How they are trying to EXTORT monies from businessmen and women; landlords and Families on Gbese Stool lands using threatening letters from Lawyer Adumoa Bossman. But readers will recall that it was the very same Adumoa Bossman, who in his recent threatening letter to the Punch Newspaper stated that the litigation between Nii Ayi Bonte II and Nii Okaidja II “IS STILL SUB JUDICE” (that is awaiting judicial decision). So, if that is the case, how is it that Adumoa Bossman and Thomas Okine are demanding monies from people? SEE LETTER ATTACHED
HOW COME THOMAS OKINE IS REGISTERED BUT NOT NII OKAIJA III?
Nii Okaija III is however appealing to the National House of Chiefs to expunge Thomas Okine’s name from the register of chiefs.